Calabogie Luge club 2019
10-WEEK LUGE SKILLS & RACING PROGRAM
Starts Sunday, January 6th, 2019
10 to 16 years (All Skill Levels. Beginners welcome)
9 am – noon every Sunday
January 6 – March 10
Join the Calabogie Luge Club in collaboration with Luge Ontario for a 10-week program beginning Sunday January 6th.
Building off Canada’s historic first medals in luge at the 2016 Winter Olympics, Calabogie is offering kids a chance to learn and race in one of the most exciting to watch and participate in. Our trial camp last winter was so popular that we have created a permanent place for this very special sport at Calabogie.
The Club’s program focuses on safety first for technical luge in a race discipline. Participants learn and improve their luge skills and riding on our custom luge track which is made up of banked turns, speedy straightaways, and labyrinths and more! The last day of the program is a dedicated race day at Calabogie Peaks.
- 10 weeks of on course training from former national team athletes and coaches.
- A strong emphasis is placed on safety.
- Participants are taught the basics of riding a luge sled, including positioning, steering and stopping.
- Advanced racing skill building and instruction will teach proper start, steering and racing techniques.
- Video review of each sliding session with coaching staff.
- Daily timed runs
- One-year membership to the Ontario and Canadian Luge Associations
- Free National Team training shirt
- Must have a ski/snowboard helmet to participate
- $349 – pricing includes facility and track fees, equipment rental, and membership fees
Safety is our number one priority. Luge is a fun and safe sport when it is in a safe environment. We take full precautions to ensure athletes, coaches and spectators are always safe.
Successful athletes have great coaches. Our coaches are the best in Ontario and have decades of experience teaching athletes how to have fun and go fast.
Volunteers don’t just do the work – they make it work. We have lots of opportunities to make the OLA great and need any help you can give us.